Wednesday, August 1, 2007

purple haze

Warning: I'm stoned out on cold meds, so please forgive me if this one is rambly and pointless. :o) (But no worries - it'll wear off before I have to drive or operate heavy machinery)

I've been eating bad things, but not in large quantities. I haven't had an appetite, yet I still eat. I guess it's a comfort thing. I'm also drinking OJ that's 3 points a can. And I'm bloated from TOM. So when I stepped on the scale this morning it was up a little over 2 pounds from last Thursday. Yuck. It's water weight I'm sure. Water tastes blah when I'm snotty. Maybe I'll drink Crystal Light instead. I know it's technically cheating, but it's better than nothing, right?

My mom's fridge died last night, so now my refrigerator is full of non-healthy left overs and condiments. Somehow I got stuck with all the weird stuff, too. Oh well. My brother finally noticed that I've lost weight, too. He's a really big guy, and it really concerns me because he has a mechanical heart valve and common sense says that he doesn't need to be that overweight. I was hoping that once he noticed that I've lost (he's not one to compliment...) that I would be able to talk to him about WW - but I was so out of it yesterday that I didn't realize that I had my chance. Maybe it'll come up again.

My house is filled with pictures of me from before WW, and I have a hard time changing my mental image of myself. I really should take some pictures I guess, but I'm afraid it'll be discouraging somehow. Why is it that? I guess I don't really feel how far I've come because I've yet to buy many new clothes, etc. I see it on the scale, but its not registering. Besides, my weight at this age seems to be equaling a smaller size than this weight when I was younger. Does that make sense? I guess I've gained muscle since then.

Well, that's it for now. I hope ya'll have a great OP day!

6 comments:

Ro said...

I think that the pics of you pre WW should be super motivation....and maybe you should take one now and place it right along side the other one. That was you can see how far you have come.....

Have a great day....

Anonymous said...

Sorry that your still feeling yucky! Take care and feel better soon!
-Chris

BTW - I didn't realize that Crystal Light was cheating! I always heard that 3 of your 6 minimum servings per day could be decaf sf beverages??

Colette said...

awww.. I am sorry to hear your not up to par! I know what you mean about the clothes and pics...I still see myself 42 pounds heavier and I think I hang on to the bigger clothes so I feel motivated!! Take some new pics and yes put them side by side! You are doing great...good luck with your brother. Its hard to hear you need to lose weight until your ready. I have been there and done that for sure!!
{{{HUGS}}}

MtngirlinCali said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling so hot. It's hard to stay tough on yourself in the kitchen when the rest of you has abandoned ship, too. Don't let it get you too down--- you are still looking great! And the fact that your body fits into a smaller size at the same weight is awesome....we can't forget that sometimes progress is seen on the body and not on the scale. Go treat yourself to some new clothes!

Sarah in AZ said...

I have the same issue too---I don't "feel" bigger, it's only when I see pics of myself that I freak out and wonder where all the whale blubber came from...(nice image,lol)

I hope you are on the mend and feeling better asap-hang in there!

noelle said...

I was sick last week, too...and I still managed to eat all my points each day!