Friday, August 10, 2007

TGIF! (not particularly original, but so totally true!)

Thanks for all of ya'll's uplifting comments. I really love you ladies!

Yesterday went really well. I stayed OP, drank all of my water, and even exercised in this excessive heat. (although mom & I did wait until 7'ish and walked in the shade...) I didn't get in my veggies and certainly not my dairy. I'm still avoiding milk like the plague because I'm still coughing up crap. Bleh. So, not a total victory, but pretty good compared to previous days.

I hopped on the scale this morning and was reward with a .2 pound loss. It was enough to encourage me, but then the urge hit me to spend some special time with my potty. I realized yesterday while reading mmalloy's blog that I hadn't "gone" in a little while, so once I was finished I weighed myself again. And I gained back that .2! What's up with that? I was frustrated until I saw how hilarious it was that I weighed again after uhh, well you know what I'm talking about. (TMI, huh?) What really cracked me up is that I knew that I would tell ya'll about it, and I'm sure that some of you have done the same exact thing. lol. Dieting makes you do crazy things.

Mmalloy also reminded me that I wanted to try the Wendie Plan. I know you're supposed to do it to get over a plateau, but I think that it'll be something a little different to get me revved up. So here's how I understand it goes. Chris, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Since I get 25 points a day -

Day 1 - 25 points
Day 2 - 32 points
Day 3 - 26 points
Day 4 - 40 points
Day 5 - 25 points
Day 6 - 32 points
Day 7 - 30 points

That uses 34 WP's I think, and I won't eat my AP's unless it's just absolutely necessary. (I never eat them anyways) I decided to start yesterday, but I might tweak it a little this first week so that my very high point day falls on a day that I'm most likely to be able to talk Jeremy into taking me to eat Mexican. I've already asked for a date this weekend, but I'll pester him into locking in today or tomorrow so I'll know how many points to eat today. A diet that's fixed around my chips and queso fix? Now that's perfect for me! :o)

Jesse didn't go to school yesterday because he was just to tuckered out, but I think he's pretty much on the mend. It was super hard to get up this morning, but I'm slowly catching up on the sleep and by the end of this weekend I hope to be caught up on sleep, laundry, dusting, vacuuming ...

Luckily it's too hot for the hub to be outside and he finally finished his most recent distance class so he'll be at my complete disposal. *evil laugh*

I've got lots of cleaning to do here at work, too, so I'm gonna go ahead and take care of a few things then come back and check in with everyone as a break. I hope ya'll have a great OP weekend - TGIF!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - just so you know I have slightly different numbers for 25 pts per day:

D1: 25
D2: 30
D3: 26
D4: 40
D5: 25
D6: 29
D7: 27

If you do it with the number I listed above, you won't use as many WPs...I would go that route b/c you don't want to gain...just my $.02! Good luck and let me know what you think!
-Chris

BTW, I did the same thing with WI this week (TMI and all!) ;)

Randi said...

first of all, I ALWAYS weight before and after potty time. My scale's right there. Interesting things can happen. Your experience just goes to show you that the numbers on the scale don't really mean that much day to day or week to week.
This new points thing you're doing, I don't quite get, how is it supposed to work when you're just eating a ton more food?

Swizzlepop said...

Read my NSV post from yesterday and you will see that I was also mentioning the potty thing. I swear a bunch of us are affected by the same things around the same times. Very strange.

And I to have done the TMI scale thing. Just did it the other day hoping to see a loss because...well.... Nope, nada, nothing. I hate the scale sometimes and this is why I never owned one for years. Now I'm obsessed. I'll even weigh before and after I pee and then after I drink my coffee to see. Talk about self inflicted torture.

Hope you're all better soon!

WeightBGone said...

I think we all are addicted to stepping on the scale, before, during and after. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Amanda said...

Good luck on the Wendie plan. I hope it works for you. And hey if you can have your chips and queso AND be on program, then life should be AWESOME!!!

I understand the TMI thing. It's odd this sick obsession we have with the scales and our "bodliy functions". LOL!!!!

MMalloy said...

LOL!! I am glad I reminded you :) I have noticed that you don't see much difference until the next morning.
Good luck with Wendie it is a bit frustrating becuase you have to use your flex certain days and it feels, well less flexible!! I took a sneek peak at the scale on Saturday and it was already showing a 1lb loss!!

Unknown said...

Hello??? Anyone there?? Just checkin on you! Hope all is well...