Wednesday, July 18, 2007

risque business

Thanks for all the encouraging comments! I love you guys!! Awww!

Yesterday on SB went okay. Although I proally didn't drink enough water, I was pretty OP. I even tried this dessert from the book. It sounds funky and the texture was a little weird, but it was actually quite tasty:

1/2 cup part skim ricotta
1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 packet of sugar substitute (I used bootleg Equal)

You just mix it all together and relish. I might use my mixer next time and try to work out the little ricotta clumps. (I'm pretty picky about my food textures) They have several versions of this in the book (including one with mini dark chocolate chips) so I'm bound to experiment.

Jeremy had to go to a board meeting last night, and I decided that I would mow the lawn for him while he was gone. I proally pushed mowed for an hour or so and when I came in I thought, "Oh, I told Randi that would lift weights tonight" so I picked up the new five pound handweights and did like 5 reps on each arm and had to stop. Push mowing is hard work! :o) I was just give out, and I figured that since a good bit of it was up hill, I'd gotten in some pretty good resistance exercise, anyways. And it made the hub happy. So, all in all a good night.

Today is day two for CP25K. Just before we fell asleep last night I asked Jeremy if he was up for running tonight and he said, "*sigh* Are YOU up to it?" Hells yeah I am! He obviously thinks I'm weak and I obviously have to prove him wrong. He didn't mention, however, that I was able to push the broke down riding mower back to her home all by myself when last time he had to call me out there to help him. He could even budge it without me and I did it by myself!! How convienient of him not to notice, eh? ;o) So, wish me luck. Even if my entire bum falls off I'm not going to quit this time!!

Oh! and a little NSV: I'm wearing a sleeve-less shirt out in public for the first time in years. I have a funeral to go to this afternoon and will put my jacket on then, but for now I'm showin some skin, baby! :o)

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

16 comments:

Ro said...

Work it (snap)
That is a great NSV and it says alot.....
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Mowing the lawn is not easy!! Way to go! Which reminds me that I need to do ours tomorrow..uggg. I'm not doing day two until tomorrow for cp25k. I decided I would do it every other day. I'm still working out today though. There is a yoga class I want to go to and I need to do some weights and a little bit of cardio...probably on the elliptical or the bike. Depends on what flips my switch when I get there! Have a great day girl....and show that skin!!! Oh yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for push mowing the lawn! That is certainly good resistance training! Good luck with SBD...I have heard good things about it!
-Chris

Randi said...

Yes pushing the lawn mower is hard work. Yes it works some muscles. But I'm gonna push you here! Gimme some squats! some pushups! It only takes a few minutes! do bent over rows with the weights, shoulder presses. You'll feel good when you're doing it. (plus, it'll help you wanna wear sleeveless more often!)

Amanda said...

Look at you all sexy in a sleevelss shirt! GO GIRL!!!! Good for you push mowing the yard. How awesome!!

I never made any of those ricotta desserts while I did SBD. I was too afraid of the consistency and texture. Good for you trying new things! You're doing great!

MMalloy said...

The dessert does sound interesting, but I can see it might taste good without the lumoy ricotta. Awesome job on the NSV, I think that was my favorite NSV since on WW!!

dizzydazey said...

and did I mention that we have lots of hills, Randi? Yes, hilly lawn pushed mowed by yours truly.

(are you buying it now?) :o)

Colette said...

Wow you go skinny girl!! Mowing the lawn is HARD work and I applaud you!!

Go show off those sexy arms girly!! I am so proud of your ambition and dedication!!

Randi said...

Rows are the motion you make starting a lawn mower. Bend at the waist (can bend your knees or put a hand and knee on a bench to stabilize, say left side) then with right foot on floor, weight in right hand near floor, pull weight up keeping elbow near body. I think I've got a picture somewhere...http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=121
There's a lot of good tough exercises on here.

Randi said...

oh, you also might want to go to fitnessmagazine.com or buy a magazine (self, fitness, oxygen) cause they often have step by step how to do some exercises.

The Price's Wife said...

It sounds like you are SUPER committed right now and that is AWESOME!!! I like your multi-tasking skills too... help the hubby, get some exercise... that's great. Keep on keepin on!

Jason h said...

Hey! i'm going to cali this sunday.. gonna be there for a week, this is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash. later!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 2nd successful day of SB. And mowing is definetly good exercise! Hope the CP25K goes well!

Sarah in AZ said...

Hang in there, don't beat yourself up too much!

Swizzlepop said...

Congrats on the first 2 days down. Keep it up. And WOOHOO for push mowing the lawn that is hard work, especially with hills. You are doing great!

Candace MacPherson said...

Way to go on the new regime. I love mowing - I think it's 'cause hubby has to watch the kids while I get lost in white noise and green grass.