Friday, January 11, 2008

twinkies

Yesterday was my first OB appointment, and it went really well. I got to have my first ultrasound. Actually I got to have two of them. Because you'll never guess what we saw on the first one.

two babies.

That's right. There's two Boogers in there! Twins!

I never in my life thought that this would happen. I knew that my Gran had miscarried twins before my mom was born, but I never really thought that it would skip a generation. Umm. Believe me. It really does. :o)

There's a lot of unknowns, but I know that this is a God Thing. Sometimes God has a really wicked sense of humor, doesn't He? :o)

Oh, and both of the babies are healthy. We think that they're fraternal twins, which is supposed to be safest because they have their own little spots. We'll know more next month. They were so tiny this time that all we saw was their heart beats and blood flow. I was told that I'm 6 weeks 4 days along, but again it's hard to tell because they're so small. I guess they're even smaller than what one booger would be, although I'm not sure.

The hub has promised me that we'll find faster internet somewhere tomorrow, and I can actually do some research and update my profile.

It still hasn't sunk in yet. I guess it's something that I'll process a little at a time. But in the meantime I'm so not going to feel guilty for the five pounds that I've gained since finding out I'm pregnant. And I'm definitely not going to worry about my mandatory afternoon naps. I'm sleeping for three now. :o)

I hope you're all doing great. I wish that I could check in, but my browser shuts down everytime I try to use one of my links. Hopefully I'll stop by tomorrow and see what ya'll have been up to. I miss you and hope you're having wonderfully OP days!!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

OH

MY

GOSH!!!!

I would have fell over had they told me I was having twins!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is totally awesome!!!

Isn't it funny how god works? Isn't it odd to think of how you and the hub decided to go off the pill and he got a church and all of this happened?!? Yes, I agree 100% with you--this is such a god thing. Such a GOOD thing! I'm so overjoyed for you, you have no idea.

Definitely nap. You will need it. When I was pregnant with DS, I napped EVERY DAY for the first trimester--most of the time 3 hours a day. And then still slept all night long just fine. But you have TWO to sleep for compared to my one!

Holy cow--wow! I'm just in shock! When you guys do something, you do it 200% don't ya?!? ;) Congrats--and take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!! THAT IS AMAZING NEWS! :Chris doing the happy dance:
They would have had to pick me up off the ground!

Nap, Eat, Enjoy!! AND KEEP US POSTED!!

-Chris

CONGRATS! I am so excited for you and DH!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soooo happy for you & a little, tiny bit jealous! God does work in mysterious ways but the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord so - you know that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

Make sure you rest and take it easy......baking 2 twinkies is tough work!

Swizzlepop said...

OMG! WOW! Congrats that is wonderful news. I've always wanted twins. Can't wait to see some ultra soudn pics (if you're willing to share). How cool you get 2 for 1!

tallmama said...

I am clue less, I thought "Twinkies" mmm this is going to be a food post!

CONGRATS on 2 buns in the oven, what a surprize! Would have loved to see a picture of you and the hubbys faces when they told you that.
Rest up, you'll need it!

Kendra said...

Congratulations!!! God surely does knows what he is doing! You are in my thoughts and prayers! I can't wait to read your updates!!!

WeightBGone said...

God is indeed good and he has blessed you with not one but two little angels. I am so happy for you and know you will be the best Mom ever. Congratulations!! Take good care of yourself ok!

Caroline said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Now that 5 lbs REALLY doesn't matter!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

I had gotten a call from Strawgirl last night telling me of your news. CONGRATS!!!! Another one of my great friends has twin boys...it's a lot of work, but she's lovin' every minute of it. You are truely blessed!!!

Unknown said...

TWINS!! WOW! That is awesome!! Congrats chica! I am so happy for you!

MMalloy said...

Where have I been?!? I read the news on Amandas (Strawgirls) page and just about fell over!

I am so excited for you!!! Hooray! Get your rest, well deserved rest!!!

Wow, this is awesome, congrats!

ajlovestolose said...

Oh... my ...gosh! Congrautlations! Again, I need to catch up with people daily and not weekly, apparently!! I am so excited for you and your husband!! AWWWW, maybe you will get a girl and a boy!! Glad to hear you and the babies are healthy!

Anonymous said...

Holy Batman,
With all my turmoil, I had no idea there was TWICE the joy out there CONGRATS ((HUGS))

The Price's Wife said...

WOW! Congratulations! That is just wonderful! Twins will be so much fun and I have to say that not already having other children will be a huge advantage because you'll be able to devote all of your attention to them. I am so excited for you!

melissious said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh... (and that's exactly what I said over & over at my first ultrasound when I found out I was having twins.) I know I don't even know you, but that is so excited!! Twins are such a blast. I would love to have twins again, I'm serious. You're in a whole different league now. ;)

Tina said...

Wow, that's INCREDIBLE! Twins are amazing (I don't have any but have spent countless hours helping with my bff's). Congratulations! What an amazing act of God's kindness and humor. :))