Thursday, January 31, 2008

*sigh* still no high-speed :o)

Well, the hubs still hasn't managed to figure out a way that we can afford high-speed, and I just can't handle the extra stress of dial up right now! :o) The church is going to buy Jeremy a lap top that's Wi-Fi ready, so at least we can go to Panera or something like that for free internet.

This week has been really hard. Between constantly feeling hungry and feeling sick (and still hungry!) I haven't really been myself. I'm officially wearing maternity clothes now, and I'm only 9 weeks and 4 days! It's the twins, right? Please tell me it's because they're 2 x's the normal stuff! My Kelley finally said, "Mandy, take care of yourself. Listen to your body. Eat when you want, and if worse comes to worse, you know how to lose weight." And for now I'm taking that advice. I'm not eating all the chocolate cake, but I'm definitely no low-carbing it. Carbs are my friends!

Everything else is going fine. We've got names picked out - Joel Osburn (Oz), William Conrad (Conrad), Robbie Elizabeth (Lizzie) and Olivia Ann (Ollie). They're all family names. If the Boogers are brother and sister it'll be Lizzie and Oz, which have been our boy and girl names from day one.

I've been reading about taking care of twins like crazy. I've made up my mind to breast feed for as long as possible (even if they are getting bottles of my milk), and there's so much to learn. I'm afraid that I'm going to forget everything, but I guess it'll come back when I need it.

Well, I hope you're all doing fabulous! I'm going to see if I can't check in with you now. *fingers crossed!!*

Have a Grandola Granola Day!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - I've been visiting your blog everyday in hopes of a baby update!!! Those are great names - when you get real access you have to post some pictures~! I can't wait to see how cute you look!!

HUGS to you and babies!!

Amanda said...

Girl, I have been wondering about you!!! You had me worried!!!

I think carbs are any pregnant woman's friend. I know they are mine and they definitely were in the first trimester!!!! But now I'm at the point where I am hungry, but NOTHING sounds good. NOTHING!!!!!

We have Olivia on our list of names too. :) But we would probably call her Livi. I am so thrilled for you!!! And yes...it's the twins causing you to be in maternity clothes at 9 weeks. Sweat pants and sweat shirts are my friends on the weekends...no maternity if I don't leave the house! :) I hope you get "real" access soon--I hate not hearing from you on a daily basis!

MMalloy said...

Hooray, I am so glad to hear an update. I have been checking everyday just like Steph!
I am sure you look adorable and I am praying for a wonderful pregnancy for you.
I love the names. Olivia is such a cute name!! I like them all though. Take care of yourself and keep us updated when you can.
HUGS!!!!

noelle said...

Such cute little names! Most of the twin mamas I have worked for have gained well over 50 pounds. And one of the mamas was back in size 6 jeans within 3 months.

Nursing twins burns an INSANE number of calories a day. Do it as long as you can. I even worked for a 16 year old mama of twins who was exclusively breastfeeding...alternating bottles of pumped milk with nursing. You can totally do it if a 16 year old still living in her parents house can!

If you go to Panera for free WiFi, you can always eat a bagel or 2 while you're there! LOL

Caroline said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I have no doubt that it's the twins putting you in maternity clothes at 9 weeks, and you should absolutely listen to your body and take care of yourself. Love the names!

Candace MacPherson said...

Love the names and so glad you filled us in. Missing you - Hope the new local is everything you dreamt. I'm sure Jeremy has them all enthralled every week. Hugs.

Ro said...

I am so friggin late all the time...I just found out about the TWINS!!!!
Oh how I love TWINS...I hope all is well...and I cant wait to see them :~)
Have a great week!

Swizzlepop said...

There you are! I still can't believe you are having twins.

Hope you get high speed soon so we can see some pictures! :)

Take care of yourself and it's true, you do know how to lose so just listen to your body and those babies.

Caroline said...

I know I haven't been following your blog very long, but I seriously hate that you don't have good internet anymore. I hope you're doing well and that you're taking care of the babies!!!