Monday, May 14, 2007

spiderwebs

I’m dusting off the cobwebs from my dusty unused blog. I don’t really know what’s up with me. I didn’t have quite as much time on my hands last week as I usually do, but I still should have made time for this. My habits show that I’ve missed the feeling of accountability and the moral support that I get here.
I haven’t done too super great the past week. I had days where I didn’t eat all of my points, and then I had days that I went overboard. And I didn’t journal as much as I should have. I think maybe I needed a break, so that I could have the “fresh start” feeling that I have today. I don’t know. I need to focus in on my next mini-goal instead of thinking about the 50+ pounds that I need to lose.
I guess I get to feeling a little too full of myself sometimes - thinking that I’m the WW jedi master - then have a hiccup like last week and feel like I’m starting all over again.
Weigh-In is tonight. I had told myself that I would use my “no weigh-in” coupon, but I think that I might need a little public humiliation. I need a good kick in the pants. I’m sure I’ve gained, but I guess I probably need that for motivation. (I know, I have a sick & twisted mind)
But instead of thinking of this as turning over a new leaf (as I normally do - I’ve turned over so many new leaves that I if I were a real tree I’d be dead) I’m going to think of this as a lesson learned. No meeting + no blogging + no journaling = habits out of control = weight gain. I don’t like that I prefer foods that aren’t healthy for me, but maybe one day I can face down a chocolate cake and have a teeny tiny slice and be happy with just that.

No comments: