Friday, October 12, 2007

can you keep a secret?

Psst. Hey. Come over here. I wanna tell you something. But you gotta promise not to tell anyone else, okay?

Jeremy and I decided last night that we are no longer going to prevent pregnancy. As in, the BC pills are going in the trash. Yay!! :o)

We decided that we're trusting God with every aspect of our lives. And we're going to trust God with our children's lives, so why not trust Him in the timing of those lives being created?

I personally have no qualms against birth control. Obviously, I've been on it for the past three years, but it has felt like I was taking control of things too much. For some woman that's a good thing, but for me it was taking my babies out of God's hands. I've wanted children with every fiber of my being for a while now (like, nearly 3 years...) and it gives me so much peace to know that it'll happen when it's supposed to. Now, I know that God can overcome the powers of birth control, but this way I'm not putting myself in His way. Does that make sense?

So you're the first and only people that I'm telling. It's too weird to tell people IRL. I know they know what we're up to (mainly because they razz us about if for some weird creepy reason. No one wants their mother saying, "Fooling Around" at all, much less as often as mine says it!) But if I tell them that we're trying then they'll KNOW what we're up to.

Oh goodness. And when we have to announce that we're pregnant, they'll definitely know. I'm gonna die.

They say that prudish woman are no longer prudes after birth. We'll see. :o)

Have Great OP Weekends!!

14 comments:

Cory said...

LOL! I can understand where you are coming from though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it "official". I know God will bless you and Jeremy with a baby in His time.

-Chris

Ro said...

Awww that is GREAT!
I will be praying for you two...

Have a Wonderful weekend!

WeightBGone said...

Thats wonderful news and God will truly bless you in his given time.

Hope your weekend is wonderful. :)

Carolyn said...

Congrats! What a great decision!

I can't wai tuntil I can throw my pill sin the trash, it will be a happy day!!

Candace MacPherson said...

When my brother called to tell me they were having #4, I stupidly said, "I thought you weren't going to do that anymore.", meaning have more kids. He politely told me they were married and were allowed:0

OK, 2nd - you lose any and all dignity in the hours before and after childbirth. BUT, when that time gets here, me suspects you won't mind;-) Somehow a little body makes it all worth while. And - you will recover extrememly quickly in terms of your prudishness - at least until the next time.

PS - From 1 prude to another, have fun practicing.

Colette said...

Mandy...your post made me laugh and reminded me of our time of trying to get PG too. After having surgery for cervical cancer when I was 26 me and the hubby kept trying and trying for 6 months and when nothing happened the guys at the meat plant where he worked started telling him "Man, your wife is not pregnat because your sticking it in the WRONG HOLE" ...lmoa!!! OMGGGGGGGGG I wanted to DIE!! Guys are so BAD!! But....the praticing was GREAT!! :-)

Jen said...

Yeah...have fun!

noelle said...

when I gave birth to my 4th, it was bring your daughter to work day. There were three 7th grade girls watch me push that baby out! Talk about loss of inhibitions...

The worst part about telling your parents you are pregnant? They then know FOR SURE that you are no longer a virgin! LOL

Unknown said...

Yeah Mandy! I am so excited for you! Matt and I are getting close to that decision too!

Amanda said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you!!!!

And telling the rents is the hardest thing, it really is....that's why you have to make it fun! When we told our parents about DS, they each got something that said I love Grandma/Grandpa with a note on it that said "I'll see you around May 9, 2004, grandma". They all loved it.

And yes you lose all prudish-ness after you give birth...especially when a resident stitches you up and calls the doctor back in to look at something....along with his colleages (sp??). LOL!!!!

The Price's Wife said...

Um, yeah I have NEVER thought of you as prude... and yes people will all definitely know that you "do it" once there's a bun in the oven! That is exciting news, good for you guys!

Sarah in AZ said...

Maybe you feel prude because of your husbands profession? It's a big decision, good for you!! :)

MMalloy said...

Oh, I can't believe I didn't get your post until today. I am sooooo excited. What awesome news.