Sunday, March 4, 2007

I did it! :o)

Yay! I made my first 10% goal last night. I got the key ring and everything. That’s right baby. Uh huh.
The sad thing is that I’ve been so jived up about reaching this goal, that now I’ve finally reached it I’m feeling a little low. I don’t know why really. I guess I need this time of calm to mentally prepare for my next big goal: another 10%. I only have to lose 10% of my body weight another 4 times before reaching my goal.
That’s almost too much to swallow, so I’m not going to think about my ultimate goal yet. I’m going to focus first on losing another few pounds to get the big ol 25 pounds magnet, then I’m going to hone in goals like getting aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week, etc.
I’ve really got to stay mentally OP this week because there’s so many food events coming up. Today is my boss’s birthday which means pizza and cake (*rolls eyes*) tomorrow is a special dinner at church, and then Sunday my Gran is making Easter dinner. (and my fellow Southerners know how grannies can take something that’s completely healthy and turn it into something worth a bajillion points) I’m trying to strategize ways to stay OP while not making myself feel like a martyr. For example: I think today I’m going to go get a SubWay sub to eat instead of pizza, but let myself eat a !small! piece of cake. Or maybe get one of those pizza tv dinners….
I’ll figure it out. Luckily we talked about this last night at the meeting, so I got some good pointers there, but if you guys have any tips, lay ‘em on me. Thanks for all of your encouraging comments!
Food
Points
Roni’s Apple Pie Oatmeal with a snack pack of peaches added
3
skim milk
2
SO Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
6
Granola Bar
2
string cheese
1
SubWay Turkey & Ham on Italian with no cheese
5
Ice Cream Sandwich
2
100 cal pack kettle corn
2
granola bar
2
Total
23
For some reason I couldn’t make myself eat all of my points yesterday. Too bad I can’t use them today…

No comments: